We are happy to announce that our Twilights Practice Crits are returning this summer for another year of fun training events! They will run every Wednesday from May 10 through August 30 (no event during the week of July 4th though!). Check out the details on our TWILIGHTS PAGE HERE . Please note that registration and parking location have changed from prior years. Check the Twilights page for details!
Related: In the interest of promoting a safe and comfortable riding environment for everyone, we are adding the following rules to our Twilights and Saturday Rides:
It is expected that any participant or spectator of any SJBC ride (such as a training ride or race) does not engage in any inappropriate or unacceptable behavior during the event. Inappropriate and unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
1. Physical or verbal abuse to any person/group or property while riding or at any club event, including use of foul language, or making obscene gestures towards any person.
2. Malicious actions at an SJBC event that endangers the well-being of others.
3. Non-consensual physical contact of people or bikes, threatening or bullying behavior, unwanted sexual advances, and any other inappropriate behavior.
4. Conduct or speech (verbal, written, or online) which is hostile, abusive, shaming, harassing, or discriminatory toward others. This includes, but is not limited to, conduct in relation to age, disability, socioeconomic status, education, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
5. Other inappropriate conduct that reflects poorly on SJBC and/or upon cycling in general.
Anyone who experiences or witness inappropriate or unacceptable activity as outlined above during an SJBC event are expected to promptly report the issue to either the event coordinator or a club officer (President, Vice-president, Secretary, or Treasurer). The activity will be investigated and appropriate action or inaction will be taken. To facilitate a prompt investigation, we urge that such reports be in writing with a description of the incident(s), names of the individuals involved, names of witnesses; and relevant dates, times, and locations.
You can become a club member of SJBC and still race for other teams? SJBC is both a club and a race team! As a club member you get member-only pricing for our events like Twilights, as well as access to all of our discounts. Questions? Contact our membership coordinator!
If you are interested in donating to SJBC directly, you can do so via our website--you just need to log in! We can also accept stock donations - please contact the president if you're interested. If you have problems logging in, you can also email the membership coordinator with any questions. Thank you for your consideration!!
The San Jose Bicycle Club has a lot of communication through our Google Groups email list. If you've signed up for SJBC membership but aren't on our email list, note that you are not automatically signed up for the email list when you join the club. There are instructions in our welcome letter than you should have received when you validated your email. If you need more help, please use our contact us form to find out how to join our email list!
The 2022 Jakroo SJBC kit is now available!
The 2022 Store is now open, and we are in our bulk ordering mode until 30 November! You should have received an email with all of the details. If you didn't, are you a member (and have you signed up for our email list)? Maybe it's time to renew your membership and rejoin our mailing list! Don't forget to log in and go to the 'Club Pro Deals' page to get the Jakroo 30% discount code!